Saturday, August 17, 2024

Back for fall

I haven't been writing here since so much was going on that was difficult to write about online.  Some stuff is just too personal to post to the world.  

It feels like fall here now and it is very wet and soggy.  I do enjoy the fall colors but it is early for that.  I have only seen a little bit of the fall colors in the leaves but it definitely feels like summer is over.  We started out having some nice summer days and then the forest fires started.  The smoke really ruins a beautiful day.  When the rain started we really didn't mind because it damped down the fires and it wasn't so smoky.  It just rained too much.  I am not ready for summer to be over and really thought I'd be able to get so much more accomplished around the house and yard.  Oh well, there will be next year.  We've had a lot going on here.

About a week ago I noticed some water on the kitchen floor.  I wiped it up and the next day I noticed more water in the same place.  I wiped it up and watched it come right back in the cracks of my new LVP floor.  The dishwasher has been leaking.  It wasn't a lot of water so we put a big fan on it and it seems to be dried up now.  I replaced the gasket on my dishwasher and that did not fix it.  I can see where it is leaking on one side of the dishwasher door at the bottom.  I don't think it is worth trying to fix a 20 year old dishwasher.  We moved into this house when it was new in September 2004.  I have fixed it a few times throughout the years by replacing parts myself and I think we were pretty fortunate with that one.  I hope we can get another one that doesn't require a lot of costly repairs.  

I can tell you it is very stressful looking at what is available.  The prices are so much higher and it seems like things are made so cheaply.  I see reviewers saying machines they just bought a year or two ago have broken already.  Why do they cost so much when they just make them such low quality?  

We just had to buy a new washing machine a few months back.  Sigh...

Anyway, I am working on a crochet project right now.  It's mosaic crochet and I'm enjoying it.  I've been feeling bad lately so progress has been slow but I sure do love how it is turning out.  




I'm reading a book in a series I am really enjoying - The Gaslight Mystery series by Victoria Thompson.  I'm reading Murder on Mulberry Bend (book #5).  I'm glad I finally read past the first book in that series.  I read the first book twice before this year and planned to keep reading.  I had to read it again this year to refresh my memory.  I shouldn't need to read it again lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm losing my mind

All day I've been having trouble focusing.  I've been reading and keep having to reread parts over and over before it sinks in.  I s...