Saturday, August 17, 2024

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery) by Victoria Thompson

I just finished this book and I already want to read the next one.  I haven't been writing reviews on the books I've read lately since I haven't been feeling so hot.  I felt like writing one this time though.  I am really liking this series and I definitely recommend it.  I don't like to write a summary of the books when I post on goodreads.com since it is at the top of the page already.  You can just click the link below to read it and more reviews by others who have read it.  If you don't use goodreads you should check it out.  It is very useful.  You can use it different ways.  I use it to track all the books I read and I always make a yearly reading goal on there.  You can also just use it to look up books to read the summaries and reviews, see all the books in the series and see the recommendations for other books you might like.

I also use https://booksontrack.net to keep track of my series books.  It lets you see which book is next in all the series you are following on one page.  It is very handy.  They are very responsive too if you can't find a series or if a book is missing.  You can just contact them and tell them what the problem is and they get it taken care of pretty quickly.  


Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)Murder on Mulberry Bend by Victoria Thompson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love these books even though some of it makes me sad. It's horrible just thinking of children on the streets fending for themselves while also having to protect themselves from predators. I always want to read more into this time period and see how much of the details are true. I know it would be hard to read about. This story was a bit different and it seemed Sarah did more investigating. She went to some pretty sketchy places by herself and I couldn't decide if she was brave or crazy. The ending was not what I expected. Malloy was not just twiddling his thumbs though. He was looking into another case that involved Sarah and what he found out is very sad. I really hope there is a twist there and that it isn't really what it sounds like.

I want to gather up all the homeless boys and girls and give them love and whatever else they need.

View all my reviews


Affirmation for today: 

I Choose Happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm losing my mind

All day I've been having trouble focusing.  I've been reading and keep having to reread parts over and over before it sinks in.  I s...